Friday, August 28, 2009

A Pretty Epic Day In My Opinion

I usually don't get this amount of mail on a regular basis so I'm quite happy. I received 3 Fan Packs and 1 completely unexpected TTM return. First, for the fan packs:


New Hampshire Fishercats :




  1. 1 pack that included 5 cards of Jesse Litsch, Adam Lind, Ricky Romero, Aaron Mathews, and Robinson Diaz.

  2. 1 2009 Pocket Schedule

  3. 1 2009 Magnet Schedule


Kansas City Chiefs:




  1. 1 form letter to the fan providing information

  2. 1 "The Snap" official gameday magazine from Dec 14, 2008

  3. 1 2009 Pocket Schedule

  4. 1 2009 Official NFL Schedule for all the teams

  5. 1 page of 4 different stickers

  6. 1 bookmark/ruler

  7. 1 Player card of Dwayne Bowe

  8. 1 2008 Team Poster ( much bigger then the normal 8X10 team pics)


Memphis Redbirds:




  1. 1 2009 Magnet Schedule

  2. 1 Card of Rockey the Mascot

  3. 1 Redbirds Comic book dated August 2007

  4. 1 "A Century of Memphis Ballparks" Sketchbook

  5. 1 Business card of their Promotions Assistant

  6. 1 Personal note written to me on the back of a post card


Compared to a lot of fan packs that teams send those 3 are definitely some great ones. I especially enjoyed the note that the Redbirds took the time to write to me. That really makes a huge difference in my opinion because they certainly didn't have to do that but I think with it I can safely say I'm rooting for them in the AAA Playoffs this year. Not that the Chiefs and Fishercats fan packs weren't great, they are because they gave some useful items but personalizing it makes me like a team that much more.



Enough of my babeling about that. I'm sure I will have the opportunity to get on my soap box and comment more about those kinds of things when the time comes. But now it's time for the TTM successes I got today. Like I said it was totally unexpected from a player who you rarely see a success from. Today it was....




Andy Pettitte c/o New York Yankees. Sent June 24,2009
He was nice enough to sign 1/2 in black sharpie which I am extremely happy with and really appreciate. The one he didn't sign was a 2007 Turkey Red which I probably would have picked to get signed over the old 90-something Score but like I said I'm still super pumped about getting Mr.Pettitte.

That's it for today. I promise my posts wont usually be this long!

No comments:

Post a Comment